Hearty and heart warming this traditional Italian soup (Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup Recipe) is sure to please.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 3/4 pound)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots (about 3 small)
- 2 1/2 cup sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- Grated Parmesan, optional
In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.